Ir al contenido principal

Rough Mixes 11/30/01 Disc 2 of 2

Thx to funkymonkstemple from SA forum:

Crystal Transmissions

Rough Mixes 11/30/01 Disc 2 of 2
Mixes / Overdubs

Kodak Ultima 80 Gold CD (DAMAGED) > EAC (Mostly) > WAV 1411kbps > FLAC

1. Havana (Instr.) (aka 'Havana Affair')
2. New Wave (aka 'Rivers of Avalon')
3. Eskimo
4. Fortune Faded
5. Universally Speaking
6. Throw Away (aka 'Throw Away Your Television')
7. Epic (aka 'Venice Queen')

Cello Studios Hollywood, Ca.
Studio #2

11/30/2001 (Probably just date tracks compiled/mixed)
Producer: Rick Rubin
Engineer: Jim Scott
Assistant: Ryan Hewitt

Voc: Anthony Kiedis
Bass: Flea
Drums: Chad Smith
Guitar: John Frusciante
Keyboards: Chris Warren



Received disc in a trade 2010. The disc was damaged, affecting the first 3 tracks. Finally got Track 1 (Havana) to rip with EAC, but I lost the information. It sounds fine with no skips that I can discern and is complete. Track 3 had some problems just getting started. I finally got it to rip with either MediaPlayer11 to WAV or Nero 10 to WAV or perhaps even EAC. Sorry I can't remember more precisely as I was trying various methods to save the music from being completely lost. I listened to other versions of the tracks and couldn't find exact matches for these mixes, so I was determined to get them off the disc safe & sound and stable. The CD had lots of skipping and just 'dead air', esp. the ending of Track 2. Track 2 was the worst affected track on the CD. You could see a few small holes that had chipped through the covering of the top surface of the CD, which is very important because that is where the music is actually 'written' on a disc. I ripped it with EAC but could not get the last bit (complete) from approx. 3m22s. I was getting various bits of the ending and thought that I could piece it back together. Boy, was that a b1tch! Someone more skilled may have been able to get it that way, but I soon found the task too complicated for me as I couldn't tell what parts were what. I could've done a half-assed job and just stuck some bits in there to fill it in, but I really wanted to keep the integrity of the track and this particular performance pure. May sound a bit 'anal' to some, but I'm sure there are many more of you that appreciate that fact... Plus I just couldn't stop thinking about it. Anyways, I had almost all but given up, but I tried one last thing: I tried to play it in an old Sony Vaio DVD ROM that is hardly ever used. To my amazement, the track 'ripped' all the way through with little or no problem. I wasn't completely freaked out yet because I had seen that before on some of the various machines I tried and it did the same thing, but then when listened to, it was either dead air or skipping and jumping around. So I tried to play the 'rip' and it was sounding good... Played all the way through! I got excited and then realized I wasn't playing the rip but the actual CD. I couldn't believe it! So... Track 2 is EAC to approx. 3m22s and then from there I pieced the Sony Vaio WAV to the EAC track. I trimmed the WAV from the Sony with Total Recorder 10, as well as the EAC WAV. I can't tell the difference where they were pieced and I am very happy with the result. I hope it does not affect anyone elses' listening pleasure... I did lose the EAC info for this track also. But it sounds great and is 100% complete! Which is a miracle! I made a promise that if I could get that track together I would upload this entire CD in celebration of what may have been lost. So here it is complete as I received it. Only better.

Everything else is EAC and the info is as follows:

Track 1 'Havana' COMPLETE EAC log lost ((Havana Affair))

Track 2 'New Wave' COMPLETE EAC log lost ..From 3m22s to Coda: WAV ((Rivers of Avalon))

Track 3 'Eskimo' COMPLETE EAC/Nero/or MediaPlayer11 Minor diginoise/pop @ 3m03s

Track 4 'Fortune Faded' Track Quality 100% 3156d5f5

Track 5 'Universally Speaking' Track Quality 99.8% e3989a11 Minor diginoise @ 2m37s

Track 6 'Throw Away' Track Quality 97.7% 2d0ac274 ((Throw Away Your Television))

Track 7 'Epic' Track Quality 98.6% e3949d67 ((Venice Queen))








Havana h1

New Wave h2

Eskimo h3

Fortune h4

Univ. Speak h5

Throw Away h6

Epic h7

Comentarios

papoRHCP dijo…
Jhap, hay posibilidad de que subas esto nuevamente??
gracias, un abrazo
papoRHCP